Casa dei Bambini was established in 2005 and serves families in Northern Virginia. When your family joins our school, you join a warm and welcome community of teachers, students and families. Our families play an active role in our school, enabling us to enjoy a mutual relationship of learning from and leaning on each other.
The strong sense of community amongst our school families extends beyond the actual years our students attend here, as the friendships formed last for many years to come. Throughout the years, it has been our joy to nurture confident, independent, self-motivated learners who are not only prepared for further schooling, but who are – most importantly – prepared for life. Armed with a strong sense of character and purpose, our students approach learning with genuine joy. Our students learn to think critically, problem solve and identify outside the box solutions. Moreover, our students learn the importance of character, grace and courtesy along the way.
Giving back to the community is an important element of our curriculum at MCDB. Dr. Montessori often stressed the importance of recognizing the human connection we all have with each other. Not only do our students give back to the community in which we live, play and go to school, they look beyond those boundaries to help others in need around the globe. As Montessori children, our students work collaboratively and cooperatively, with a strong desire to change the world through their generosity and helpful spirit.
Our families play an active role in our school, enabling us to enjoy a mutual relationship of learning from and leaning on each other. Our school community focuses on Engaging and Supporting our families through a variety of high quality, creative programming, and a strong dedication to the teachings and philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori. We like to Celebrate big milestones together. We also believe in the importance of Giving Back to the community in which we live, play and go to school.
- Family STEAM Day
- ‘80’s Day – Back to the Basics
- Lego /Building Engineering Day
- Trunk & Treat Halloween Celebration
- Holidays around the World
- Annual International Day Celebration
Parent Guild Organization
The Parent Guild is a parent-led organization that supports our school and teaching staff in a variety of ways including class support, teacher appreciation, community building and planning school wide special events. Events include examples such as:
- Parents & Grandparents sharing Holidays/Traditions/Travels
- Parents sharing Careers (dentist, doctor, etc)
- Parent Education Sessions
Parent Education Sessions
- Back to School Night/ Conferences/Progress Reports
- Introduction to Montessori Language, Math & Practical Life Sessions led by Lead Teachers
- Sessions featuring guests speakers with professional expertise, such as, Dr. Rene Hackney
Guest Speaker Topics
- Technology & Your Child
- Raising a Respectful Child
- Sibling Rivalry
- Positive Discipline
- Back to School Picnic: Ticonderoga Farm
- End of School Year Bash – Parent Guild sponsored party celebrating the end of another great school year.
- Ten Year Anniversary Party – Ticonderoga Farm – Over 700 people spanning over ten years. Our families were drawn back to the community where their children received their educational foundation.
- Art Auction to benefit Fairfax County’s Shop with Sheriff Program
- Café Ray Bake Sale to benefit our Sponsor Child from Bolivia named Ray
- KG Craft/Economics Project to support Heifer International
- Used clothing drive to benefit BARN
- Canned Food Drive to benefit Dulles South Pantry
- Holiday Toy Drive to benefit Cole’s Closet